POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) : Re: Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 13:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity test question - radtest.jpg (0/1)
From: Oldstench
Date: 8 Sep 2000 04:22:56
Message: <6p7hrskl39ducrkr3k3fb6t0h9rtbr6nch@4ax.com>
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 02:40:20 -0500, "GrimDude" <gri### [at] netzerocom>
wrote:

>Great render, but you really didn't need Rhino, did you? :)
>
>Grim

I needed Rhino for the tube thing...I am a visual person, I enjoy
doing 3d art (a visual media), and I personally find that coding in
pure pov script is counterintuitive. Please do not get me wrong, I
have the greatest respect for those of you who can do the incredible
scenes you do without the use of a modeller, but again, I find that
hard-coding a scene is totally not for me.
For example...the tube thingy...there is no way in hell I would have
been able to code that and get it exactly where I wanted it and how I
wanted it. But in Rhino, draw a curve, draw a circle tangent to the
curve, extrude the circle on the curve, cap the holes, bevel and
export. A grand total of 1 minute of my time and it is exactly what I
want.
I really do not want to start a war over the merits of coding vs.
modelling (and believe me, I would like to learn a little bit more
about coding so that I can do some interesting math equations visually
<some things you simply can not do with a modeller>) but I just wanted
to get a chance to defend my reasons for using one. (Not to mention
there does seem to be a bit of arrogance in your follow-up Grim, even
if it was spoken in jest, I could kinda feel it.) Ok sorry for the
rant.
Oldstench.

BTW I am interested in seeing how you would code that tube thingy.